When Does This Statement Apply?
This Privacy Statement applies when you interact with our brands (“Brands”) through their websites,
mobile apps, e-mail communications, voice assistants, and other platforms (our “Services”). To read
our EU Privacy Statement.
What Does It Say?
Read this Privacy Statement in full here. Here are the highlights:
What Personal Information Do Our Brands Collect?
- Contact Information (such as name, phone number, postal address, or e-mail address)
- Account/Registration Information (such as username and password, reminder questions and
answers, and communications preferences, e.g. signing up for a newsletter or sweepstakes,
registering for an offer or an experience, or making a purchase)
- Payment Information (such as name, billing address, and credit card information, e.g.
when making a purchase)
- Demographic Information (such as age, gender, race, income, occupation, marital status,
and information about your household/family status, including your household size and the length
of time at your residence)
- Online Identifiers (such as IP address, internal and third-party identifiers, advertising
identifiers, and device information such as unique device ID)
- Location Information (information about your precise location that we collect from your
device (collected in limited circumstances) or information about your general location derived
from your IP address).
- Internet Activity Information (such as browsing history and information on how you interact
with our Services, e.g. which articles or ads you click on, whether you click on links in
our e-mails, and your interactions with social media platform features)
- Inferences about Your Interests, Preferences, and Other Behavioral Data (such as hobbies
and interests, e.g. your favorite foods, purchases, or recipes, and consuming tendencies)
- Loyalty Account Information (such as account name and password, points, and reward
- Health/Fitness Information (such as exercise and activity levels, weight-loss objectives,
and dietary preferences, when you provide them to us)
- Other Personal Information Consumers Voluntarily Choose to Provide (such as your posts,
photos and other submissions to blogs, video-sharing services, and other interactive forums)
Where/How Do Our Brands Collect Personal Information?
- From You When you enter personal information on the Services
- From Your Device From Cookies and Other Technologies (personal information stored on your
browser, which tells us your browser, device information, IP address, and how you interact with
- From Others Advertisers, Data partners, Service providers.
How Do Our Brands Use Personal Information?
Our Brands Use Personal Information:
- To customize the content and ads you see when you use our Services, the websites of other
companies, and in our e-mail communications
- To provide you with ads, offers, and other promotions from our Brands and advertisers
- To conduct market research and analysis to understand general trends (how many readers do we
have? what content is popular? do people prefer video over articles?), our website visitors, how
ads perform on our Services (e.g. who clicked on the ad?), and how users engage on our Services
(e.g. who read that article?)
- To fulfill your subscriptions and other orders
- To protect you and us from fraud and other security issues
Who Do Our Brands Share Personal Information With?
- With Cool Craft's other National Media Group Brands
- With other businesses owned by the Cool Craft's Corporation, when we have the appropriate
- With our service providers who help operate our Services and provide our services to you
- With the advertisers who advertise on our Services or partner with us to send you offers,
promotions, or ads about products and services that may interest you
- With third-party data partners that give us additional personal information about you that helps
us identify you, deliver relevant and compelling content and services, and improve the
performance of our Services
- When required by law
- With a buyer of all or part of our business
- With other third parties, when we have your consent
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Personal Information?
You can tell us how we can use your personal information by clicking on the links below:
- Marketing communications
- To opt out of postal mail from us, please use the opt-out form available here.
- You can opt out of any Cool Craft's e-mail newsletter or other e-mail list by using the
unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message or by visiting the e-mail preference
center (offered by some of our Brands).
- To request deletion of or access to your personal information,
- Interest-based advertising
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16.
Rights for Our California Residents
You have all the rights listed above. In addition, if you’re a resident of California, you have the
- Request that we not sell your personal information
- If you would like to exercise this right.
- To opt out of the sale of your personal information via cookies please visit the
“California Do Not Sell” footer link on the websites of the Brands you visit. Note that
you will need to renew this choice on every website you visit and each time you clear
your cookies or use a new browser or device.
- Make a “Shine the Light” inquiry, and we will disclose to you whether we share your personal
information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes
- If you would like to exercise this right, e-mail us at email@example.com.
How Can You Learn More?
Still can’t find what you’re looking for about our data privacy practices? Don’t worry, just reach
out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you!